Nextdoor is a rapidly growing social network based in San Francisco and backed by Silicon Valley’s leading investors. Our mission is to bring back a sense of community to the neighborhood, one of the most important communities in each of our lives.
Nextdoor is used by millions of members in over 220,000 neighborhoods worldwide. Since 2016, we successfully launched Nextdoor in the Netherlands, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Australia.
To lead our entry in the Nordics, we are looking for a Marketing Communications Manager.
As the Marketing Communications Manager you will be responsible for all our community and partnerships activities in the Nordics. You will lead all communications and activities with members and community leaders to help build stronger communities. You will forge and manage partnerships with governmental and non-governmental organizations. In addition you will help optimising our programs to grow our member base and increase engagement.
This position is Amsterdam-based and you will be a member of our international team.
- Help build and strengthen our community of neighborhood leads through our online platforms, direct communications and events
- Continuously improve our communications with our members and community leads
- Constantly seeking out newsworthy stories within our neighbourhood communities and creating articles and content that journalists want to publish and customers want to share
- Act as our spokesperson in the region, at events and in national and regional press
- Identify and initiate partnerships that drive membership growth and engagement
- Develop marketing efforts that help increase the visibility and awareness of Nextdoor products with governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Development and optimisation of growth marketing campaigns across channels
- Identify additional growth marketing opportunities through creative ideas, analysis and testing hypothesis
- Generating and translating website, app, print, social media, email content that reflect our brand positioning and communication objectives
- Support with positioning and messaging by providing cultural insights and conducting quick user testing
- Quality assurance across all our platforms, including extensive product testing
- Uncover future product and market needs for product and management teams
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated success in a marketing or communications organization, preferably in a technology company
- Deep understanding of consumer behaviour
- Exceptional creative and persuasive copywriting skills for online and offline marketing campaigns
- A strong understanding of social media and online & offline PR – and mechanisms that generate maximum exposure through various media channels
- Strong knowledge of the Scandinavian media landscape, preferably with existing relationships with media
- Excellent analytical skills and data management expertise, preferably including writing SQL queries
- The spokesperson skills to ignite passion and serve as the company’s representative at events and with media
- Experience developing and implementing hard working communications campaigns in a fast paced organisation
- Experience with designing and executing A/B product tests or performance-based marketing tests
- User-focussed and community minded
- Native Swedish or Danish and excellent English communication skills
- Lived in Sweden or Denmark for an extended period
- Polished presence; proven ability to present confidently and develop relationships with executives
- MSc / MBa Degree or equivalent
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and entrepreneurial team on a powerful mission to change the world, one neighborhood at a time
- Extremely steep learning curve due to fast paced and sophisticated environment
- Contribute to growth in the early scale-up stages and international expansion of a promising San Francisco based tech company
- Regular visits to our headquarters in San Francisco to work with and learn from our colleagues
- Work in the vibrant TQ offices in the city center of Amsterdam and get inspired by other startups around us, join regular community events, listen to interesting guest speakers and enjoy excellent coffee
- Become the seventh member of the ambitious rockstar team in Amsterdam
For more information please click here.