Does Circular Economy have a place and how does it look like?
Time: 14.00 CET
The whole world was making plans for the year 2020. So much vision for a sustainable world, so many plans to push Circular Economy. When we discussed Circular Economy during our annual Nordic Circular Economy Summit in February, the future seemed bright.
– What has changed and how will the future look like post COVID-19?
– What will be the role of Circular Economy?
Here are some key take aways from Moderator Andrea Orsag to sum up this Webinar:
- Despite the current challenging situation when business and supply chains are disrupted, this is the time to rethink the business purpose and reshape it in a way that will be beneficial for people and planet as well, not just the profit
- We need to design out waste and pollution starting by rethinking the products, materials they consist of and what is happening with them at the end of their use and at the end of their life
- There is a need to create regulatory framework enabling infrastructure and ecosystem that incentives reuse and secondary resources over extraction of the virgin resources
- Large industrial operations striving to reduce their CO2 emissions footprint need to embed carbon capture and storage technology on the top of efficiency initiatives – it is already available. Concrete is responsible for 5-8% of global CO2 emissions on its own and construction business will continue in the coming years due to the population increase and more people moving to cities
- The overall system change is needed and therefore there is not a single company that can accomplish transition towards Circular Economy on their own. The ecosystem consists of many diverse players that interact in different ways and therefore COLLABORATION is key to making this transition a success
Pär Larshans, Chief Sustainability Corporate Responsibility & Public Affairs Officer, Ragn-Sells
Eija Hietavuo, Senior Vice President Sustainability at Stora Enso
Jon Christopher Knudsen, Vice President, Aker Solution
Moderator Andrea Orsag, Founder MissionC
In Collaboration with:
Instead of presents to the speakers a donation will be made to the Dutch Voedselbank.
This webinar is offered to free of charge, registration however, is compulsory.
Digital Registration possible by clicking on registration member (Swedish Chamber Members) or Guest (others)
or send and email to
Upon registration you will receive a confirmation.
The Zoom link will be sent to you Monday morning March 25.
Last day to register: May 15, 2020
The Swedish Chamber of Commerce would like to thank all participants for contributing to the success of the Swedish Chamber Patron Dinner on November 22, 2016. We cordially thank H.E. Ambassador of Sweden and Honorary Chairman of the Swedish Chamber of Commerce Mr. Per Holmström for hosting the Patron Dinner 2016 and Mr. Jeroen van der Veer, ING Keynote speaker and Honorary Guest, for sharing his experiences and introducing the Round Table discussions.
Register for this event - Non-members
Register for this event - Members
Thank you for registering for this event. Below you can let us know if you want to bring a guest, and if so, how many.